12/10/2007

Nervous, nervous, nervous

to meet Sophie in 1 hour!

So I am posting to calm my nerves :)

This morning i met with the social worker. It was uneventful and took only 5 minutes. I just filled out some paperwork and she gave me Sophie's travel packet for Immigration and her passport. Then I walked around this nieghborhood some and found a store that sells really cute mittens...I bought a few pair.

Some observations so far:

--Motercycles sometimes drive on the sidewalk, so look out!
--Eastern Guesthouse is a wonderful place to stay for adoptive families. I feel very safe and at home here. There is a kitchen on each floor that is stocked with some basics such as bread, eggs, and OJ.
--There is a market where you can buy simple foods etc about each 1 to 2 blocks...so I'm not going to starve even if I don't feel too adventerous.
--I wish I had taken the time to learn a little Korean...I have a simple phrase book but should have started that months ago. Many people here speak some English so I will get by just fine, but I feel like it would be nice of me, and respectful, if I could speak a little of their language.

Okay, that's it for now...Yikes! In 1 hour I meet Sophie!

Nuk ka komente: